HIGH HILL PRODUCTIONS Presents: Joshland Shervette

The Stories And Lyrics Behind First Full Length Album, "I'm Just Sayin' ".

Infatuation

03:54
Joshland Shervette
2015-09-02
Music Produced by www.smoothbeatsonly.com. All lyrics written and vocals performed, arranged, produced, engineered, recorded, mixed, and mastered by Joshland Shervette for High Hill Productions.

Story

 

The Story Behind Infatuation

I have learned to look at a man's character, rather than his talents, his abilities, or his occupation.  I have also found that a handsome man is not always a catch.  It is important for me to look at how he treats other people.  How does he treat the server at the restaurant?  How does he talk to his co-workers?  How does he treat his family members?  I want to experience more in a relationship than butterflies in my stomach when I am with him.  I want to make sure I am observant of how he lives his life. I want to pay attention to what he is saying.  Is he telling me stories of how he cheated someone else?  Does he happily reminisce about beating someone up?  Does he laugh at other people's misfortune?  These are very serious matters and they should not be ignored.  

I wrote this song because I have learned the importance of looking deeper into a relationship with a man.  Real love is vital to a long, lasting, healthy relationship.  Love is making life for your mate easy, as well as being kind and giving.  I wrote that I heard someone say in a movie that we only receive 80% of what we need in a relationship.  So, I have to see if the other 20% is a deal breaker or not. I need for that 80% to consist of a good character, good morals, and respect for me, as well as others. I can do without the other 20% consisting of trembling hands, wobbly knees, butterflies, and sweaty palms, which equal infatuation. I want more!

 

Lyrics

Infatuation-Song Lyrics

Give me more

I want more

Give me more

I want more

 

Give me more than just a sweaty palm

Give me more than just a dropping jaw

Give me more than just flirtatious eyes

Give me more than just some butterflies

 

I heard a doctor say on the TV

That love is making life for your mate easy

You gotta say

In what way

Can I help you today

 

Give me more

I want more

Give me more 

I want more

Than infatuation

 

Give me more than just a trembling hand

Give me more than just some wobbly knees

Give me more than just a handsome man

Give me more than just the birds and bees

 

I heard someone say in a movie

That we only receive

80% of what we need

So we gotta see

If the other 20

Is a deal breaker for you and me

 

Give me more

I want more

Give me more

I want more

Than infatuation

 

I wanna feel something that's very real

I wanna touch a person that means so much

I wanna hold something that's worth more than gold

I wanna grab a caring and tender hand

I wanna see the person that is for me

I wanna hear the words I love you in my ear

I want a love sent to me from God above

I wanna be an asset not liability 

 

Give me more

I want more

Give me more

I want more

Than infatuation

 

Give me more

I want more

Give me more

I want more

Than infatuation